This interview took place at the Deep Learning in Retail & Advertising Summit, London 2017.
Anthony spoke with Ben to find out more about him and his thoughts on the following questions:
- What inspired you to apply AI and Deep Learning to the fashion and retail industry?
- Tell us a bit more about your work at ASOS.
- You spoke about the importance of being able to predict CLTV. How has Deep Learning improved this for you?
- How do you see DL disrupting the retail industry in the next 5 years?
- What do you think is the most interesting area of Deep Learning research today?
Anthony Cuthbertson is a journalist at Newsweek, leading the publication's technology coverage for both print and online. He has previously worked as the senior technology reporter for the International Business Times and has written for publications including Forbes, Salon and The Independent. He has won several awards for his work, most recently the 2016 Digital Journalist of the Year from the Association of Online Publishers, who commended him for “using social and digital tools to power the highest values of investigative journalism.”
Ben Chamberlain is a senior data scientist at ASOS.com where he leads the Customer Understanding team. He holds a Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851 Industrial Fellowship, which funds his PhD studies in statistical machine learning at Imperial College London. Ben has previously worked as a data scientist in the social media, defence and security industries. He is a graduate of the University of Oxford.