Interviewer: Veronica Osinski, Founder & Managing Partner, Trifecta Capital
Interviewee: Dennis Mortensen, CEO & Founder, X.ai
• Tell us a bit more about your work at x.ai
• How did you begin your work in AI Assistants?
• What challenges are you currently facing in your work?
• The growth of AI is exponential, and countless industries are applying new models to their business. • What do you think the key skills are for a career in AI/DL?
• The increase of AI assistants is allowing people to be more efficient in work, however there’s a lot of discussion around AI ‘stealing jobs’ what are your opinions on this?
• Which other industries are you most excited so see implementing AI for a positive impact in the next 5 years?
• The ethical implications of AI are something that’s cropping up as these technologies become more ingrained into our everyday lives - what are your views on this?
Dennis is the CEO and Founder of x.ai, whose artificial intelligence driven personal assistant lets people schedule meetings using plain English and nothing more than a CC to firstname.lastname@example.org. He’s a pioneer and expert in the analytics, optimization and big data space and has been since its inception – he is also a fully-fledged entrepreneur and successfully delivered a number of company exits. He’s an accredited Associate Analytics Instructor at the University of British Columbia, the Author of Data Driven Insights from Wiley and a frequent speaker on the subject of Analytics and Data. A native of Denmark, Mortensen currently calls New York City his home.