Interview questions include:
• Give me an overview of your work at Philips Research
• How did you begin your work in AI and healthcare - what came first?
• Today you spoke about using clinical NLP with deep learning - how does deep learning help in areas such as diagnostic inferencing?
• There’s a huge amount of data in EHRs. Of course that’s great for applying to deep learning, but how do you make sure that patients privacy is maintained and that the data is secure?
• What recent developments in both AI and healthcare are helping you progress with your work?
• We hear a lot about using AI for Good. Of course in healthcare more generally the aim is to improve the quality of treatment for patients, but how are you doing this in your work specifically?
• What challenges are you currently facing in your work?
• What other industries are you most excited to see transformed by AI, and where do you think we’ll see the biggest impact?
Dr. Sadid Hasan is a Senior Director for AI at CVS Health leading the team responsible for AI-enabled clinical care plan initiatives in Aetna. His recent work involves solving problems related to clinical information extraction, paraphrase generation, natural language inference, and clinical question answering using Deep Learning. Sadid has over 60 peer-reviewed publications in the top NLP/Machine Learning venues, where he also regularly serves as a program committee member/area chair including ACL, IJCAI, EMNLP, NeurIPS, ICML, COLING, NAACL, AMIA, MLHC, MEDINFO, ICLR, ClinicalNLP, TKDE, JAIR etc.